Tuesday 21 May 2013

Acupuncture and IVF - one patient's story

Having a baby would be just a case of deciding when it was the right time for us. Married for 5 years and trying for a baby for 4, we found that sometimes it’s not that easy. After 2 miscarriages, numerous tests and a failed IVF, we were losing all hope. I searched the internet, looking for answers and read that acupuncture could help. I found the number for Jo and made my first appointment.


 I was a little apprehensive at first but Jo made me feel totally relaxed, explaining the procedure throughout my sessions and explaining the effects on my body and my wellbeing. I continued my visits and, within 2 months, was elated to find that I was pregnant, and without any other medical treatment.

 I continued with my weekly sessions to give my pregnancy, and my baby, the best possible start. It also helped me to cope with a very stressful first few weeks. I have now reached my thirteenth week and all is going to plan. I hope that sharing my experience gives hope to others in the same situation and I would like to thank Jo for her kind,caring and professional help at such an emotional and difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment